Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 1 in Buenos Aires

Yes, I made it.

Unfortunately my luggage didn't. Luckily I had a change of clothes in my carry-on and I have fresh clothes to wear. Hopefully United will be able to bring it over tomorrow.

I got to meet most of the other participants. Janice and Vipul arrived late and I will meet them at breakfast in the morning. We had a group lunch and a group dinner. A couple of us went out for a short walk and a drink after dinner. Our hotel is nice and comfortable. Nothing fancy but it has everything that I need. Best of all, the location is excellent. Carolina, our local consultant, took care of everything for us and it was seamless.

I am also amazed by the diversity and experience in our group. It is always humbling to meet the talent we have at SAP. It is a privilege to be able to work with them. 

SAP Argentina gave each one of us a gift bag when we arrived at the hotel. Inside there was a handmade bowl from an organization that provides support to underprivileged teenagers. It included a small card that read: "Our goal is to help teenagers who come from households with many shortcomings and stay outside of the school system to find a meaning in their lives through training, learning and practice the ancient art of pottery. With patience and dedication, we work to rescue their values, self-esteem, love and vitality that each of them has hidden in their heart. Our success is when they understand that someone looks after them, they feel recognized and, finally, recover the idea that life is a game that is worth playing."

We start at 9:30 am tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment